The Rampage

The Principal’s Corner

Joaquin Campos

New WHS Principal Kevin Cashatt was asked a few questions about his first two months at Washington. He was asked questions about various aspects about his transition from how he got to Washington High School to what he likes about the Washington community.

How is the transition from Cardinal to Ram?

Cashatt thinks the transition from Cardinal to Ram is, “Great!” He also said that he, “Love working with the teachers and students.”

What appealed Cashatt to Washington? Why Washington instead of some other school?

Cashatt noticed the, “Hard working staff, students who display dedication to academic goals, extracurricular activities” which is what brought Cashatt to Washington instead of some other school.

How did Cashatt become a principal?

Cashatt became a principal after graduating from Northern Arizona University. He graduated with a Masters of Education Leadership.

What does Cashatt like most about Washington?

Cashatt likes the Washington community and the “students, staff and everyone on campus.” What he thinks of this school as a whole is, “Good people that do good things for kids.”

What is Cashatt looking forward to this year

Out of all that Washington offers that brought Cashatt here, what he is looking forward to most about the rest of the school year is “Students getting involved in sports and meeting achievement goals of passing classes and graduating.”

What are Cashatt first impressions of Washington?

After spending the first two months of the school year observing and becoming head of the Washington community, he has come up with a first impression of the campus. That first impression of his is, “Great place. It’s a good place for kids to care.” What he really noticed and liked most was one of his favorite things about the school was it is “Good people that do good things for kids.”